|Site Engineers work chiefly on construction projects. They form part of construction management and use their skills and expertise to guide crew members and ensure the successful completion of a project. Site Engineers frequently liaise with clients and negotiate with vendors and suppliers to secure the best deals.|
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Setting out, leveling, surveying the site and organizing facilities.
- Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
- Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet set deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
The Prospect must demonstrate:
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect the profitability of a project.
- Communication skills; written and verbal,
- Technical and excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organization skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||Bachelor’s / HND degrees in civil, construction or building Engineering/technology.|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||. Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in construction and site engineering. |
. Must be COREN certified.
|PERSONAL QUALITIES||. Resilient, intellectually flexible individual with solid business acumen, perseverance and strong interest in further developing client and market knowledge.|
. A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.