JOB TITLE: NEPHROLOGY NURSE (IN A HOSPITAL)
We are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified Nephrology Nurse, who will be responsible for working with patients who have kidney diseases, abnormal kidney functions or are at risk of kidney problems in a hospital.
- Performing initial patient assessment.
- Discussing symptoms with the patient.
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures such as internal imaging.
- Examining patients’ medical histories.
- Administering medication.
- Assisting with dialysis.
- Educating patients and helping them better understand their condition.
- Educating patients on how to manage their symptoms and what precautionary measures they need to take to prevent further complications.
- In charge of the dialysis unit, ensuring a high level of care to the unit, equipment and patients.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Being competent to manage critically ill patients.
- Must be prompt with her report about the patient.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Capacity to manage several tasks or requests simultaneously.
- Time management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||REGISTERED NEPHROLOGY NURSE ALONGSIDE HER BASIC NURSING CERTIFICATE (RN)|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||Years of relevant experience required/mandatory: NOT LESS THAN 3- 5 YEARS. |
Type of experience required: A REASONABLE KNOWLEDGE OF INTENSIVE CARE, OR CRITICAL CARE AND LIFE SUPPORT FOR ACUTELY ILL AND INJURED PATIENT
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||Preferred age: 30 YEARS AND ABOVE.|
Preferred marital status: FEMALE (CAN BE MARRIED OR SINGLE)