JOB TITLE: HMO/BILLING OFFICER (IN A HOSPITAL)
We are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified HMO/Billing Officer (In A Hospital), responsible for planning and overseeing health services, coordination of health workers, managing NHIS/HMO quality initiatives, coordination of meetings, carrying out billing and collections functions of a hospital, and presentations for all departments and units within the hospital.
- The billing officer must ensure that every patient that sees the doctor or receives any other treatments is billed appropriately and that the payment is made to the cashier.
- It is mandatory that bills are sent out between the 1st and 4th of every new month.
- It is the duty of the billing officer to see to it that patients especially the private fee-paying get their drugs. This he/she must carry out with the consultation of the Pharmacy Technician.
- Ensure that bills sent out are correct and corresponds with the treatment given and received by the patient.
- To ensure that the billing guide is in line with the current economic changes so that the Hospital does not run at a loss.
- Ensure that all HMO platforms are adequately followed and patients are treated according to their plans.
- Ensure that every HMO patient whose platform is not covered for the required treatment is treated as either a private patient and /or get adequate code from the company before commencement of treatment.
- Revolutionize the records department vis-à-vis his/her training to ensure maximum benefit from the record office.
- Any other duty as may be officially assigned.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Knowledge of project and task management tools such as Trello
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Computer proficiency
- Organisation skills
- Communication skills
- Capacity to manage several tasks or requests simultaneously.
- Time management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||BSc. in Business, Health, Science or in any related field. HMO Experience is required. Any additional certification (professional membership of health, the management or related bodies) is a plus.|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||2-5 years working experience|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||Must be between 23-27years. Must reside within the Ikeja axis.|