| RESPONSIBILITIES |
Business Development Activities
· Recommends Firm wide business development initiatives for the Firm’s Practice Groups and lawyers, including but not limited to, identifying and following up with new business leads, assisting with tracking/execution of business development initiatives, directory submissions, lawyer profile updates and other similar activities in
accordance with the strategic plans and policies as set by the Firm’s Partners.
· Identifies, develops and targets growth strategies and plans focused on both financial gain and increased client base.
· Initiates and supports cross-selling of legal services among lawyers.
· Provides requested research using online tools to develop intelligence on prospective targets, industries, business leads, etc.
· Seeks opportunities by attending industry functions, such as association events, conferences, seminars, and other special Firm-sponsored events, conducts research in industry directories, and provides feedback and information on sector business trends that may drive further revenue generation.
· Consults with Partners and senior associates on business trends, with a view to developing new services, practices, and sector distribution channels.
· Drives forward sector campaigns, ensuring the successful delivery and monitoring of potential revenue channels.
· Works in collaboration with Partners and associates to ensure the Firm capitalizes on Firm-wide programs and go-to-market strategies.
· Identifies and develops the Firm’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Develops, delivers and promotes legal services and business development proposals for clients on technical services in an effective & professional manner.
· Delivers new business support to the sector leads, supporting them in the delivering of their business plans and ensuring that the Firm delivers to a common Client Relationship Management (CRM) approach.
· Evaluates and maintains the Firm’s databases utilized for business development, public relations and client services, and generates reports as requested.
· Research, assembles and prepares draft of pitch documentation and Request For Proposals (RFPs), including executive summaries detailing the Firm’s capabilities and completed transactions and/or Deal sheets.
· Manages RFP responses, executive summaries and other bespoke pitch material while liaising with the Firm’s Partners and lawyers as necessary.
· Maintains database of precedent clauses for use in future RFPs and business development opportunities, while making recommendations for improvements.
· Coordinates logistics associated with pitch/RFP production and delivery, as well as taking full ownership over assignments.
· Serves as project manager to the RFP process.
- Identifies and establishes relationship with potential clients and key decision makers within the prospective client’s organization.
- Sets up meetings between client’s decision makers and the Firm’s partners as necessary.
- Works with in-house team of lawyers to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participates in the Firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations, services and future business development opportunities and activities.
- Works with partners and lawyers to conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback, and assist in improving client service.
- Develops and manages the Firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes business development expenditures for the Firm, Practice Groups, and individual lawyers.
- Prepares and manages public relations activities and communications for the firm (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside agencies), including press releases, new lawyer announcements and notices, other Firm announcements, business development PR materials, and coordination with any outside PR consultants.
- Cultivates and strengthen relationships with media across all channels (TV, radio, print, digital and social media) to ensure prominent positioning for the Firm.
- Arranges for professional photo-shoots and maintains image, logos and visual files for use in online and print materials. Designs artwork and selects products for promotional use at seminars, conferences, presentations, etc.
- Manages the Firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites, submits information for lawyers and the Firm’s awards, promotes awards, and determines which directories should be launched and maintained.
Management and Research
- Submits bi-weekly progress reports and ensures data is accurate;
- Helps with surveys and assessments to track client satisfaction as well as business lead polls/research;
- Tracks and records activities on potential clients as well as sourcing for ways to help to close deals.
- Research and develops a thorough understanding of the Firm’s capabilities as well as listening and monitoring News for relevant company keywords, seeks insights and identifies buzzing news on-line directly related to the Firm.
- Understands the Firm’s goal and purpose to further enhance the Firm’s performance.
- Archives all business development digital assets of the Firm including photos, audio, text and video content and manage the database for all requests for assets.
- Manages, updates and supports the development of the monthly social media channels and calendar for BD related activities.
- Supports content development for the Firm’s Newsletters, as well as manages content for Support communications, research, and administration, using Wikipedia pages, Website, and other related channels.
- Sources and produces original pieces on legal work as it relates to different industries.
- Generates content for 3rd party blogs.
|COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS|
|· Excellent communication skills, including excellent writing; and presentation skills with emphasis on attention to detail.|
· Ability and willingness to work long hours with minimal or no supervision, including weekends when required.
· Ability to be innovative in developing key business development methods.
· Understands the pressures of working in a corporate environment and able to manage stress well.
· Ability to work in an organized fashion within an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
· Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization while exhibiting high energy and genuine enthusiasm.
· Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
· Excellent inter-personal and persuasion skills;
· Excellent problem solving, listening, learning and analytical thinking skills;
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
· Ability to use Adobe Photoshop/CorelDraw
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an attention to detail;
· A demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet concurrent deadlines; and
· Ability to work out of office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or its equivalent. Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and/or Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) is an advantage.
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in Sales, Business Development, Market Research, Communications/Digital Marketing or similar roles. Relevant experience working in similar roles in a law firm or professional services firm is an advantage.
- Confident, energetic, articulate and hardworking team player with a desire to excel and a passion for the work. A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it- done’ attitude. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.