• Assist the Managing Partner with planning, documenting and delivery of
Firm-wide goals and strategic planning.
• Assist the Managing Partner to prepare and compile management reports and presentations, while exercising good judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
• Facilitate and coordinate all meetings while preparing presentations and meeting materials as required on behalf of the Managing Partner.
• Manage key projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope – Manage and track progress of each project internally and externally involving the different portfolios of the Managing Partner thereby increasing productivity and output.
• Provide administrative support to the Managing Partner including but not limited to; scheduling meetings, managing incoming and outgoing phone calls as required, drafting correspondence, creating spreadsheets and presentations, preparing expense reports, establishing, and maintaining electronic and paper files, copying, and scanning with a good document management process.
• Act as a ‘gatekeeper’ creating a win-win situations for direct access to the Managing Partner’s time and office by managing and updating the Managing Partner’s calendar. This involves using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement by the Managing Partner while planning, coordinating, and ensuring the Managing Partner’s schedule is followed and valued.
• Work closely and effectively with the Managing Partner to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately and acting as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Managing Partner updated.
• Assist in organizing events within the purview of the office of the Managing Partner.
• Prepare expense reports and budget management as required.
• Travel management – coordinate all travel arrangements including flight negotiation (local and international), accommodation, transportation, expense reports and appointment/itinerary scheduling.
Managing, organizing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing seminar series and speaking engagements across different time zones.
• Ensure materials and reports for the Managing Partner’s execution are accurate and complete; proofread and ensure completeness and compliance with the Firm’s standards, policies, and procedures.
• Foster positive relationships while interacting with internal parties, stakeholders, other Partners, Associates, Clients, Vendors, etc to provide or gather information as required.
• Build strong relationships within the Firm to ensure efficient and effective collaboration while fostering an atmosphere of engagement, as well as with other team members to ensure a high performance, client service oriented work environment.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the office of the Managing Partner and internal practice groups/departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with other members of staff contributing to a seamless transition through the rotational portfolios and designations held by the Managing Partner.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Managing Partner’s ability to effectively lead the Firm.
• Prepare and ensure that minutes of meetings are accurate and timely.
• Attend meetings, participate in committees, and report to the Managing Partner as needed/required. • Collaborate and provide effective support to the Managing Partner’s Personal Assistant as required.
• Liaise and work with other Partners, Senior management team, Unit Heads on strategic initiatives chaired by the Managing Partner ensuring efficiency in supporting the implementation/success in active collaboration with the Managing Partner.
• Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the Firm and manage a variety of special projects for the Managing Partner, some of which may have Firm-wide impact.
• Follow up on contacts made by the Managing Partner as directed and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
Personal Qualities & Requirements:
The job requires interaction with top-level contacts with respect to highly sensitive and confidential information necessitating use of discretion and diplomacy.
Ability to work independently and willingness to work long hours where required while multitasking with minimal/no supervision.
Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Emotional maturity, flexibility, and adaptability.
Exceptional organization, event planning & project management skills
Ability to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities to meet the needs and expectations of the Managing Partner.
Ability to anticipate the Managing Partner’s needs and collect or prepare information for review.
Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions with an attention to detail.