- The Legal Counsel is responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities which includes giving accurate and timely counsel to the management in a variety of legal matters, collaborating with the management to devise efficient defense strategies and specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- We are looking to engage an energetic and highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and gives legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- The position is highly visible and requires someone with a high degree of maturity (not maturity by age).
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Job Qualifications And Requirements
- Degree in Law with 2-5 years’ work experience
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Effective communicator with a positive outlook.