JOB TITLE: NIGHT MATRON (IN A HOSPITAL)
We are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified Night Matron, who will be responsible out of hours, for patient experience, ensuring the highest quality of patient-centred care is maintained and delivered by an appropriately skilled workforce in an organization.
- Taking charge of every departmental activity and action accordingly.
- Taking managerial responsibility for all hospital processes at night and maintaining a high standard of professional leadership.
- Providing expert holistic care of a high standard to patients, careers and staff during night duty hours.
- Supporting and taking responsibility for the hospital in the absence of all Managers/Matrons and assisting in the leadership and development of the nursing/medical team out of hours, working as a clinical and managerial resource.
- Ensuring policies are maintained through high professional standards and working as a positive role model to all.
- Providing visible and accessible clinical leadership, direction and support to all nursing staff across the sphere of responsibility/clinical team.
- Acting as a highly knowledgeable and skilled clinical resource to others in the clinical team and the organization.
- Ensuring that staffing levels are consistent with the workload and patterns of workload in each area within the span of responsibility and re-deploying staff as appropriate to meet clinical needs.
- Analyzing complex facts, information and situations that require interpretation and comparison with a range of options.
- Undertaking immediate investigation and appropriate balance risks/reporting on issues and or untoward incidents/accidents in accordance with hospital policy.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Being competent to manage critically ill patients.
- Must be prompt with her report about the patient.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Capacity to manage several tasks or requests simultaneously.
- Time management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||Educational background/professional qualification(s) required: REGISTERED NURSE/ RM WITH A REASONABLE KNOWLEDGE OF EMERGENCY RESPONSE (E.R)|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||Years of relevant experience required/mandatory: 10 YEARS AND ABOVE.|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||Preferred age: 45 YEARS AND ABOVE.|
Preferred marital status: FEMALE (CAN BE MARRIED OR SINGLE)