- Creating balanced lesson plans based on general Music Education, you’ll construct lessons in understanding Music theory and history, singing and interpreting Music and possibly teaching students how to play an instrument.
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils/students.
- Teach music courses to students/pupils including voice, tone, tempo and rhythm skills.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Link pupils’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Train, rehearse and lead students in school and community musical programs.
- Conduct music classes according in line with the rules and regulations established by Board of education.
- Develop and maintain an effective music educational program for students.
- Collaborate with school administration/management in setting up an effective musical programs for civic functions and school productions.
- Understand potentials and skills of each student and guide individual student according to their skills.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure productive and disciplined environment during group rehearsals, practices, and performances.
- B.Sc in Music
- A postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders.
- A minimum of 3 years (post-Nysc) music teaching experience in a reputable institution.
- Must be able to play at least 4 (four) musical instrument and majorly a keyboard.