JOB TITLE: LITIGATION CLERK
We are looking to hire a litigation clerk with good research and organizational skills. The litigation clerk is expected to have an outstanding comprehension of existing law in order to clearly articulate legal information.
- Assist lawyers in their primary duties.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for specific cases.
- Conduct extensive legal research and analysis.
- Prepare memoranda and briefs with accurate information on specific cases.
- Provide assistance prior to and during a court proceeding by preparing for a case and examining the related legal documents.
- Ensure that related case documents are properly ordered and available.
- Attend court sessions in order to listen to and record critical information.
- Supervise the work and activities of courthouse interns.
- Maintain and update law libraries, literature and documentation.
- Perform basic courtroom duties.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Fantastic document management skills.
- Organized with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Critical thinker who displays accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent comprehension of the law.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||OND in any relevant field|
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||2 years of work experience in a legal environment.|