JOB TITLE: LABORATORY SCIENTIST
We are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified Laboratory Scientist, responsible for performing tests on body fluids, tissues and cells samples to help diagnose, treat, manage, or prevent diseases, in a hospital.
- To attend to all patients needing investigations.
- To screen samples collated by the technicians before carrying out an investigation.
- To ensure that there is smooth running of all activities in the Lab.
- To take regular stock of all materials and prompt re-order level for reagents and other consumables.
- To carry out emergency duties as the need arises.
- To protect the Laboratory equipment against damage.
- To report any damage to equipment/servicing to the management.
- To cross-check the results of his/her technicians before giving them out to patients.
- To ensure that all HMO patients are covered for the investigation requested and/or liaise with the billing officer.
- To carry out any other functions that may be assigned.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Knowledge of project and task management tools such as Trello
- Accuracy and precision.
- Good eyesight and near vision.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters
- Organisation skills
- Communication skills
- Capacity to manage several tasks or requests simultaneously.
- Time Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
|EDUCATION:||BSc. in Medical Laboratory Science or any related field.|
Must be registered with the medical sciences council of Nigeria.
Any additional certification is a plus.
|EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:||2-5 years working experience|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||Must be between 23-26 years|
Must reside within the Lekki- Ajah axis