- The Legal Counsel is responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities which includes giving accurate and timely counsel to the management in a variety of legal matters, collaborating with the management to devise efficient defense strategies and specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- We are looking to engage an energetic and highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and gives legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- The position is highly visible and requires someone with a high degree of maturity (not maturity by age).
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Any other duties as assigned by management