We are currently seeking to employ a suitably qualified Front Desk Officer who will be responsible for handling front office reception, including but not limited to greeting guests and offering them refreshment, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mails. In addition, will provide support for administrative and certain accounting tasks as deemed fit and assigned.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that clients and guests visiting the firm are welcomed warmly upon arrival at the Firm’s reception;
- Offer as appropriate tea/coffee and/or other refreshments to clients or guests as they wait (where necessary);
- Ensure that all reading materials located at the reception is up to date and in good condition;
- Manage all front office equipment and ensure that damages are reported promptly to the Firm as appropriate;
- Ensure that the reception area is kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent phone etiquette by making phone calls and/or responding to all callers in a friendly, professional and courteous manner;
- Route callers appropriately to members of the organization
- Take accurate phone messages and inform the necessary parties appropriately.
- Use available resources to obtain contact details of third parties as at when required by the Firm.
- Mail dispatch and sorting:
- To attend to any external dispatch/courier officers and ensure all confidential documents delivered are forwarded to recipients promptly;
- Perform the sorting and appropriate distribution of all mail to all staff;
- Provide a daily report on incoming mail and other correspondence to the organization
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date address book of the Firm’s clients and other contacts;
- Use available resources to obtain contact details of third parties as and when required by the Firm
- Other Customer service-related, or administrative tasks assigned.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Courteous /Customer service.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitasking and prioritizing.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- A good University Degree in any discipline.
- 0-1 year of work experience.
- Willing to go above and beyond.
- Ability to anticipate guests’ needs.
- Engaging and inquisitive.
- Good listening skills.