- Responsible for maximizing the academic progress of students they teach French, working with colleagues to participate fully in the development of the French department.
- The French teacher handles the task of creating the French language course syllabus and curriculum for the entire year. He/she may also be required to segregate the syllabus as per the class sessions for each day.
- Undertake the responsibility of providing appropriate instructions to the students that will help them to attain competency in the French language as per their grade level.
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught.
- Make sure that the classroom is a stimulating environment that facilitates learning
- Generate enthusiasm for the subject being taught and inspire all students to work to their potential.
- Organize the teaching sessions in French so that the students become well acquainted with the French language
- Assign some educational tasks and projects to the students that will assist the students to get a hang of the language. He/she is also required to attend the oral presentations given by the students and provide appropriate feedback on the same. He/she makes sure that the students complete their assignments and projects within the time frame given by her.
- B.Sc in French
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders is a big plus.
- A minimum of 3 years (Post-Nysc) French teaching experience in a reputable institution.