JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO A MANAGING PARTNER
The role is focused on providing dedicated support to the Managing Partner on internal management support functions, including but not limited to, building a work schedule for maximum productivity, planning and attending meetings with the Managing Partner and other Partners as required, preparing management and operational reports and managing internal projects.
To carry out executive secretarial, administrative, and other functions for the Managing Partner as follows:
Secretarial &Administrative Functions:
- Maintains oversight function of the Managing Partner’s work calendar being prepared by the Personal Assistant to the Managing Partner.
- Communicates with internal parties, stakeholders and liaises with all practice groups heads and Partners as required.
- Prepares and compiles management reports and presentations focused on the Firm’s productivity and operations while exercising good judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
- Interacts with top-level contacts with respect to highly sensitive and confidential information necessitating the use of discretion and diplomacy.
- Prepares and ensures minutes of meetings are accurate and undertakes prompt follow-up of actionable items from the meeting.
- Assists the Managing Partner with prioritization of professional and personal commitments.
- Reviews and prioritizes communications (electronic, oral, and written) and determines appropriate action to take, including responding directly, preparing draft response for the Managing Partner’s review, or delegating to other team members for response preparation as instructed.
- Manages contacts for the Managing Partner, proactively understanding who they are, which have priority, and keeps track of communication required.
- Documents the Managing Partner’s Firm-wide goals and strategic planning.
- Facilitates and coordinates with the Partners for all Partners’ meetings and prepares presentations/meeting material as necessary.
- Manages key projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget, and within the scope
- Liaises with the internal finance team in preparing expense reports and budget management.
- Coordinates logistics for various meetings.
- Maintains schedules for weekly management meetings.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilient and able to adapt to changing needs, priorities, and responsibilities as well as flag salient business issues;
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem solving, listening and learning skills and proactive/analytical thinking;
- Good reporting and negotiating skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access);
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer and search engines on the World Wide Web;
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail;
- Tactful and diplomatic with great interpersonal skills;
- Excellent team player with project prioritization abilities;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritize and meet concurrent deadlines; and
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA) minimum; and Master of Science or Art (M.Sc. or MBA) optional.
Minimum of Two (3) to four (5) years’ proven practice Secretarial/administrative experience.
Candidate must have a passable Secretarial and Administrative Knowledge, including, but not limited to Management