TITLE: Associate – Intellectual Property, Technology and Global Mobility (IPT & EGM)
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and delivers sustainable, high quality client service.
- Considers client’s wider business objectives and works effectively as part of a team.
- Has the confidence and knowledge to deal directly with clients.
- Keeps up to date with legal and business developments that may affect client matters or sectors
- Understands and uses the principles of effective selling
- Identifies new opportunities for instructions (within IPT & EGM practice groups and with other groups)
- Identifies opportunities in own area of specialism and market them to clients and targets
- Actively maintains relationships with internal and external clients
- Actively participates in BD and marketing initiatives of IPT & EGM practice groups, relevant sectors and the firm
- Looks for ways to develop own reputation
- in area of practice
- Has a reputation for excellence, and a specific expertise recognised internally and externally.
- Actively contributes to professional bodies, publications and other activities
- Demonstrates personal leadership and contribution to the firm’s values
- Supports change initiatives and focuses on team performance
- Guides and coaches others in their development
- Supervises delegated work assignments, to ensure quality final product and to foster development of others.
- Provides direct feedback and is constructive in identifying areas for improvement in junior colleagues.
- Supports and contributes to all of the firm’s people processes
- Demonstrates high level technical skills, operating day to day with little need of technical supervision
- Solves day-to-day issues independently, escalating to partner level where necessary
- Manages projects and matters effectively, ensuring delivery on promises to client on time
- Understands risk processes as they affect clients and matters
- Leads transaction and matter practices and processes
- Manages own utilisation and understands team profitability KPIs
- Works, and delegates work, in a manner mindful of profitability and budgets
- Demonstrates commercial judgment when accepting work from a client
- Complies with time recording policy
- Keeps up to date on the financial performance of the IPT & EGM practice groups, and is able to provide commercially sound fee estimates and cost updates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and/or Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) is an advantage.
- Candidate should work or have worked in the Intellectual Property Technology and/or Employment Global Mobility “IPT or EGM” practice areas and or has a keen interest in any of these areas.
- Candidate should possess great people management skills in leading and or managing teams and projects.
- Candidate should have good financial skills and be experienced in own’s areas of practice
- Age bracket: in their 30s
Confident, energetic, articulate and hardworking team player with a desire to excel and a passion for the work. A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it done’ attitude. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.